It’s not possible for me to update this blog fast enough to keep up with all the wrongdoings of our president.
But here’s a brief rundown.
1. Trump gave Russia, an adversary, highly classified information… gathered from intelligence sources from a nation friendly to us, an ally.
2. Trump administration officials spent most of yesterday in Deny, Deny, DENY! mode, claiming that this never happened.
3. Trump this morning tweeted… yeah, it happened.
4. Trump administration officials are spending most of today telling us that it’s all hunky-dory, that it wasn’t classified but was common knowledge stuff, and it was “wholly appropriate” to give that information to Russia.
5. The intelligence came from Israel.
6. Russia is on very good terms with nations that are sworn enemies with Israel… Iran, for one.
7. Trump administration continues to tell us that it’s not a BFD that the president gave Russia the intel. What really matters, they say, is that knowledge of what happened in the meeting was leaked to the media. In other words, it’s NOT a concern that Trump is giving out secrets like candy… the problem is that someone TOLD us he did it.
What I need to know is: how is this going to play with evangelicals? You know, the folks who voted for Trump and who claim that they REALLY LOVE Israel (even though they sure don’t care much for Jews).